ComScore MobiLens just released their new report, which includes research on smartphone user adoption in the US. The big, obvious point is that Google more than doubled their share in the last 3 months.
My predictions for 2010 are:
- RIM will continue to focus on business users but share will drop as more companies become comfortable switching to the iPhone and Android powered phones their employees want.
- Windows 7 phone, as they recently renamed it, will keep MS from bleeding share but not much else. For those who proclaim “iPhone killer!” I’ve got one word: Zune.
- Android’s share will double again as the open source strategy pays off with a proliferation of devices.
- Palm will fall off the map.
- Apple share will rise, but much more slowly than in 2009 – a CDMA iPhone on Verizon will probably drive the increase.